Welcome to My virtual kitchen.

What you are cooking today? Step into My kitchen, swap a recipe or two with Me and most importantly, have fun!

You can help The Gothic Gourmet cook another day. All donations are greatly appreciated and used for their implied/intended purpose. Cooking! :-)













Thursday, July 1, 2010

The most decadent brownies EVER!

Where has Eve been?

Oh My have I been busy! I have created wonderful chocolate cakes with chocolate butter cream frosting. I have created lemon cupcakes and cakes with lemon butter cream icing. I have also made wonderful meatloaves and mashed potatoes, stuffed potato skins, homemade french fries, Greek Style green beans, ham and beans with skillet cornbread and today? Today I made the most sinful brownies EVER.

With one batch boasting over 1 lb. of butter, over 2 1/2 pounds of Godiva bittersweet chocolate, over 1 pound of toasted chopped walnuts and over 3 cups of sugar? You're bound to go into chocolate overload.

My husband asked why I didn't just add brown food coloring to the butter and be done with it?

Not to worry, My husband is as thin as a rail and I? I am only 84 lbs. Yes, you read that right.

I have been away recently as I broke My hip in May in 3 places and had to have it replaced. I'm in My 30's and feel like an old lady! I had over a month of physical therapy and am now walking again. I found out that I have bone loss and had 'Reclast' done which is an IV infusion that last for one year to help prevent bone loss and even restrengthen bones. In any event, the breaking of the hip did not keep Me down for long. After emergency surgery, I was only in the hospital 2 nights before returning home. Yesterday I had yet another follow up visit with My surgeon who said that I am healing up nicely.

As soon as I could get My walker upstairs I was cooking and baking, baking and cooking, singing and stirring things up in the kitchen.

I plan on having a bake sale soon and will put My homemade orange marmalade on sale along with a batch of these killer and I do mean 'killer' brownies. Pictures to follow shortly.

Last night I made cheeseburgers and homemade french fries which was a nice summer supper without 'too much' labor unless you count for the french fries which did take a bit long to prepare as they are double fried. Everything was wonderful.

I am now soaking beans to make another batch of ham and beans with skillet cornbread. I use ham hocks as well as thick smoked bacon in this recipe and it is oh so lovely. I'm sure it would be even lovelier in the fall or winter, but every now and then I appreciate a good stick to your ribs meal even in the summertime. Of course, things have been cooling down as of late which is a pleasant surprise here so this dish shouldn't prove too heavy at this time of the year.

I just got a new Chefs coat with 'Le Gothic Gourmet' stitched onto the left front which fit almost perfectly aside from the sleeves which I have rolled up as they were too wide for My bird like arms. Again, there will be pictures to follow shortly.

Until then, keep cooking, keep living, and live every day as if it were you last as it just may be.

As always,
Eve aka Le Gothic Gourmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gothic Gourmet wants to hear from YOU. Please leave Me a message, a recipe, or a shiny piece of tin foil or something to keep Me occupied.