Welcome to My virtual kitchen.

What you are cooking today? Step into My kitchen, swap a recipe or two with Me and most importantly, have fun!

You can help The Gothic Gourmet cook another day. All donations are greatly appreciated and used for their implied/intended purpose. Cooking! :-)













Sunday, December 13, 2009

Applied knowledge is power. Share the knowledge..


A friend just text Me a response to a message I sent him. I confided in him that I had this great recipe (if I can remember it) of banana cream chocolate chip bread which My husband fell in love with. I made numerous breads the day before yesterday (Friday) but he went head over heels on this particular bread. So much did he fall that he told Me that I am to write down this recipe (if I can remember it) I cook on the fly after all...(which sorry, I have to mention before I forget that I am writing a cookbook called "Cooking On The Fly" how to cook at 33,000 feet and beyond.")

I as a poor FA learned how to heat up food on our coffee burners on the plane. I and I alone learned how to keep tuna fresh in our hotel rooms. I and I alone learned how to wheel and deal with hotel staff across the Country and...in other Countries as well. I got to use their ice boxes, I got to meet their chefs, I got discounts and posh rooms...a little compliments and smiles go a long way and if you are gifted at the art of...I don't know, being a people person? You will be amazed with how far you can go. I am going to put all of these helpful hints in My cookbook which I hope Flight Attendants and Pilots around the globe will appreciate. Certainly they can 'relate'. I know all about being poor. I know all about Ramen noodles. I know all about saving your left overs and asking for tin foil so that you can wrap up said leftovers and heat them up on your coffee burners mid flight and have a delightful warm meal.

Anyway, sharing is important. Much like Science, much like anything of worth...it needs to be shared. I am GOING to give you all this recipe much to My husbands dismay. The smile on his face and the happiness I saw when he ate this particular bread? Priceless. That is what it is all about. After I begin My daily cooking project which I mentioned (fruit pies and more cheese crackers) I will bestow upon you this wonderful recipe. I must readily admit that after I tasted this bread hot out of the oven, I did not want to give away any of this bread much less share the recipe with the world. It all started from a starter...

Give Me some time and I will share the recipe with you. You do need a starter though and I am not sure where you find one...I suppose it's on the internet somewhere (isn't everything) and that you can buy it. Be forwarned though, the name 'friendship bread' is misleading. Nothing friendly about it. This bread making deal will make a grown man cry. You will be cursing the Amish and their fool horses and buggies in no time flat..but you will reap what you sow or is it sew? Whatever. You will be pleased with the unlimited possibilities that this starter can produce. The sky is the limit and your imagination and whatever you have in your pantry will be your guide. Use the force Luke!

More later as I have to check on those cheese logs that I have thawing on the bar counter. Oh cripes...I also have a cheese ball I made that I need to thaw.... Want that recipe? It's super wicked awesome). Ummmmm I really need to take a pad and pen and write down what I do as I do it. A dash of this, a dash of that.... and I forgot how I did it!

Dagnabit!

Forgive Me dear reader, I may disappoint you sometimes but I am still here. If you don't hear from Me on a daily basis? I am either hospitalized or...well...dead.

Hate to be blunt but that is where it stands. It IS what it IS and nothing more and nothing less. Now, can someone tell Me how I can post pictures in My blog? I know nothing of HTML and I know there is a code or something to post pics but I don't know what to do..wait...I see a post options button..maybe this will help. What I need to do is upload pictures I take from My computer onto here. I know there are free image hosting sites...sigh, this is sort of complicated to Me right now. I am no dummy by any sense of the definition but gifted at the art of virtual ink? That is a different story. Somebody HELP! Anybody? How did you find Me...you whoever you are reading this or is this whole mess going into a black hole that just may be a worm hole for time travel? Time will or will not tell.

Until then, take care dear reader and keep cooking!

As always,
Evie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gothic Gourmet wants to hear from YOU. Please leave Me a message, a recipe, or a shiny piece of tin foil or something to keep Me occupied.