Welcome to My virtual kitchen.

What you are cooking today? Step into My kitchen, swap a recipe or two with Me and most importantly, have fun!

You can help The Gothic Gourmet cook another day. All donations are greatly appreciated and used for their implied/intended purpose. Cooking! :-)













Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I'm feeling green...

I keep thinking about the song Kermit the frog sang...feeling green...

Yup. After dealing with a whole bushel full of green beans, snapping them, stringing them, cutting them and then canning them? Oh yeah, I'm feeling pretty green about now.

Still, I have plenty to speak for after all the hard work. 14 quarts of pretty lovely green beans. I had some today which I heated up with salt, pepper butter and fresh cooked bacon. Low and slow. I served them with a fresh chicken casserole (hubby's favorite) which took Me all ding dang long to make. Today was a hot day, the kind of day where you feel like a Crayon and that you may melt into the other colors of the world, blend in.. and fade away into nothingness.

I am up late/early actually. I went to bed a bit early as I was feeling pretty yucky today. It is approximately, 0214 hundred hours.

The movie "Monster" is on which stars Christiana Ricci and Charlize Theron. If you don't know who Charlize Theron is, well, she is a beautiful blond that starred in the movie "The Cider House Rules". Gorgeous actually. In this film? You would never know it was her. She looks exactly and I do mean exactly like the real serial killer Aileen Wuorons who was convicted of killing seven men. The film won several awards including 'makeup'. Amazing what makeup can do. It can make or break a woman.

In any event, I have a WHOLE BUNCH of cucumbers in the garage that I have to tend to. Some of them are getting a bit soft so I plan on making relish out of those (cutting off the good parts and discarding the bad/soft parts). Why let anything go to waste? Right.

Sooooo, until We meet again in this virtual black hole called the 'net' I bid you ghoul eats!

As always,
The Gothic Gourmet.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, first time at your blog. I admire your courage. I am always saying that each person is unique and in such unique way he/she reacts to a specific illness. I am sure by now you've learned not to give up. Only God knows when it is our time. I will be following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katerina, wow, I was wondering if anyone would ever see this blog...ever. I agree, each person is an individual and each person responds in their own unique way to any given situation/trial. Thank you for following Me. You gave Me some encouragement today and for that? I thank you.

    Sincerely,
    The GG. (Eve).

    ReplyDelete

The Gothic Gourmet wants to hear from YOU. Please leave Me a message, a recipe, or a shiny piece of tin foil or something to keep Me occupied.